One of the key steps in creating your radio station’s digital marketing strategy is determining your station’s digital marketing goals. Professional marketers can help you figure out these goals by asking you what you want listeners to do when they arrive at your radio station’s website. Do you want them to sign up for your email newsletter, enter a contest, donate money, or stream online?
Even once these goals are defined, you’ll need to figure out how to get listeners to do what you want them to once they arrive. To grow your business and keep it viable, you’ll want to take these actions to increase your conversions — make the instructions or call-to-action (CTA) very obvious to visitors and remove all other actionable options.
That’s where a well-designed website landing page comes in. Let’s explore what a landing page is, why your radio station needs unique landing pages to reach your business goals, and five landing page ideas for radio.
What Is a Landing Page?
A landing page is a page on your station’s website that generates leads by driving a site visitor towards the desired action, such as filling out a form, streaming your station, or buying a ticket to an event. Visitors arrive here through embedded internal links on the website’s home page, in Facebook advertising campaigns, social media posts, emails, pay-per-click ads, or direct mail.
Landing page ideas for radio are hyper-focused and don’t provide any other actionable options or links besides those that support its purpose. A landing page will typically include the following elements:
- A compelling and empathetic headline that addresses a problem and provides a solution
- A call to action that’s easy to see and strategically placed on the page to maximize commitment
- Persuasive, scannable copy that includes keywords that speak directly to site visitors
- Social sharing buttons like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Engaging media like high-resolution images, video, or gifs
- Trust indicators that add credibilities, such as statistics, accreditation badges, and customer testimonials
- Well designed lead capture forms to collect personal information like email addresses and names
The Benefits of Landing Pages
Landing page ideas for radio include those that provide your website visitors with their first glimpse of what your station’s brand is all about. Some of the benefits of landing pages to your radio station include the following:
- Direct support of your station’s business goals with data that allows you to gauge and measure success with relation to those goals
- Lead generation — by collecting personal information — that can turn into sales conversions
- Can be catered to a targeted audience
- Improve paid search engine marketing campaigns by influencing their click-through-rates
5 Landing Page Ideas for Radio
Here are five landing page ideas for radio that can significantly impact your radio station’s lead generation and sales conversions by growing your email lists and reaching new audiences.
1. Promotional Events
Landing pages can be highly effective in promoting specific upcoming or regularly occurring events. These pages need to include compelling event details so visitors won’t need to go anywhere else to find out more. This landing page should inspire anticipation and excitement and convert this interest into action like ticket sales or registration.
2. Fundraiser Drive
Fundraiser landing pages can help answer the who, why, and how questions — Who am I giving to? Why is my donation needed? How will it be used? Include trust indicators to help compel visitors to commit.
3. App Download Page
When advertising your station’s apps in the hopes of achieving more downloads, a well-designed landing page can boost conversions. This page will be focused on your app’s features and drive visitors toward app downloads.
Keep Up With The Digital Buzz
4. Private Facebook Group Information
If one of your shows — say a morning show — has a private Facebook Group, you could create a landing page that’s all about this show and its personalities and provide a clear action button to join the private Facebook Group. Now you can run a FB ad that directs people to the morning show’s landing page.
5. 30-Day Challenge or Devotional
You could create a landing page that includes compelling copy to compel readers to sign up for a 30-day Challenge or a devotional group by providing their email address. This type of landing page helps to grow your email list with a targeted, high-value audience, one that is likely to convert to sales.
Successful marketing strategies rely on lots of high-quality content. These landing page ideas for radio are a great addition to your content. You can use them in focused, personalized email campaigns, share them on social media, and boost your station’s ranking in organic searches. If your radio station wants to close more sales, reach a new market, or gain new customers, contact Killer Bee Marketing today to learn how our KILLER team can make your goals become a reality. 👍